At Paper Liberty, we want to give you the highest level of service and products. For this reason, we want to share our knowledge, products and promotional offers with you, that we think you’ll be interested in based on information we collect from you. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. We’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way but if you have any questions, please contact us.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN A FEW DIFFERENT WAYS:
1) When You Give It To Us Or Give Us Permission To Obtain It
When you sign up for our mailing list, or buy our products, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, home address, telephone number, date of birth, and any other information you choose to give us. If you buy something, we also collect payment information and details of what you bought. If you buy something for someone else, we collect their name and delivery details and contact information. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
If you link accounts from other third party services, we also get information from those accounts. The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
2) We Also Get Technical Information When You Visit Our Website
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to communicate with you; screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We may also use this to serve you targeted advertising which is relevant to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by clicking on these links:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident you have certain rights in relation to the information that we have about you described below.
- You can request to access the information we hold about you. We’ll aim to share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- You can ask us to correct your information or delete it, if you are unable to do it yourself.
- You can ask us to stop using your information, and opt out of receiving our newsletters or marketing messages and object to us having the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
- To request us to stop using your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Paper Liberty Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify is GDPR compliant, and they store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. We also store some of your information with Mailchimp for marketing purposes. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems from loss and misuse.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
AGE OF CONSENT
To be eligible to purchase goods on this Site and to lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Site under English law you must be aged 18 or older.
Children under 13 are not allowed to use our website.
HOW WE MAKE CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We aim to meet high standards and so our policies are constantly under review. From time to time we may change this privacy notice. We recommend that you check this page periodically to review the latest version.
- Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS, CONTACT INFORMATION AND MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at Paper Liberty Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU